Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Oops! I Missed the Whole Flock!

Well I hope everyone enjoyed our 10 days of summer as we glide swiftly into fall. The temperatures have dropped during this the second week of September and I may even have to consider lighting the wood stove in the beautiful cottage we are renting near Tobermory.

It might be too cool for a dip in the lake but the geese sure are getting lively. I hope those of you that are out for the early goose hunt are putting lots of meat on the table.

I guess the true sign of a hunter is looking at things from a hunter's perspective. I had just such a moment earlier this morning as I sat gazing at the water and a huge flock of Canadas made their way right towards me. As I sat wishing I had my shotgun at my side I watched the flock approach with thoughts of how I would line up on each bird and have goose breasts for dinner.

However, the problem with that scenario is that one of the main purposes for this trip was to get some good wildlife and waterfowl photos for www.sooutdoors.ca. It wasn't until the flock was well past that I looked down at my camera and had to laugh at the missed opportunity. Oh well, I guess there's always the evening shoot...I mean photo op...to come.

Lloyd

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like it? Don't like it? Have another opinion? Leave a comment and let us know.